EL DORADO, Kan. – Lansing (Mich.) edged Iowa Central by three team points to take home its second consecutive NJCAA Division I Women's Cross Country Championship Saturday at the Prairie Trails Golf Course.
- Five Lansing runners placed in the top 35, including three in the top 20
- Casey Mossholder was Lansing's top performer, placing 11th overall with a time of 18:22.22
- Leanne Pompeani of Iowa Central defending her individual crown, crossing the finish line first with a time of 17:11.34
- Pompeani is the first runner to win back-to-back individual titles since Adeh Mwamba of South Plains (TX) accomplished the feat in 2002 and 2003
- Lansing joins Iowa Central, Ricks (ID) and Barton County (KS) as the only programs to win one or more consecutive titles since NJCAA launched Division I women's cross country in 1991
Photos courtesy of Butler Athletics