PLANO, TX – In the 2017 NJCAA Division III Men’s Championship, Oxford Emory (GA) tallied 27.5 points to win its third national championship in a row at the Collin County Tennis Facilities in Plano, Texas Thurday. The Eagles just nudged by Brookdale (NJ) who accumulated 26 points in the tournament.
Oxford’s men’s tennis program has now six national championships (2006, 2007, 2009, 2015, 2016, and 2017).
- Guillermo Cabral of Oxford notched three singles champions in the tournament. Guillermo Cabra won flight one, while Akshay Raghuram and Gordon Hua won flight three and five, respectively.
- Brookdale’s Safie Moamen and Jacob Evans garnered singles titles by winning flight two and four.
- Mike Colville notched flight six to help earn Rowan Gloucester (NJ) a singles champion.
- The duo of S. Moamen and Mostafa Moamen along with the pairing of Evans Emire Hamzic captured doubles championships
- The Eagles also claimed flight three’s double championship thanks to Henry Hua and Anuraaj Sonawala.